Whether you are sending a card by mail or putting a message on social media, nothing beats a nice, simple birthday message.
I have compiled a list of some of my favourite birthday wishes to write in cards.
- One year more fabulous!
- Happy birthday to one of my favourite people on the planet.
- Hope today is filled with sunshine and smiles, laughter and love.
- Hope it’s as awesome as you are, and may all your birthday wishes come true!
- Have a happy birthday! Wishing you another year full of blessings.
- Wishing you a day filled with love and happiness!
- Happy birthday to someone who deserves a truly happy day!
- Another year older is another year wiser!
- Wishing you a very happy birthday and many more to come.
- Happy birthday beautiful! I hope you have a wonderful day filled with joy and happiness.
- Birthdays are special days that allow us to celebrate the day you came into our lives.
- Hope your day is full of fun and celebration.
- Sending you warm birthday wishes and a big cosy hug!
- Birthdays are a time to celebrate so kick back and enjoy your wonderful day.
- Although I am not there to celebrate your birthday, you are in my thoughts.
- It’s celebration time! I hope you are having the time of your life as you celebrate your birthday.
- Another year older is a reason to celebrate. You are that much closer to retirement!
- It’s your birthday! Hope it is filled with happiness and plenty of love.
- I wanted to send you something awesome for your birthday but nothing is as awesome as the gift of you.
- Celebrate, laugh, dance, and cheer because your birthday only comes once a year.
- Although I am far away, you are in my heart today on your very special birthday.
- I hope your birthday brings you everything you have ever wished for.
- I hate to have to miss your birthday but know that I am thinking of you from afar.
- Happy birthday to someone who just gets better with age.
- You’re not getting older you’re getting wiser.
- The more candles there are, the more the wishes come true.
- Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake, so dig in!
- Twinkle, twinkle, little star. Happy birthday from afar.
- Work hard. Play hard. Eat lots of cake. That’s a good motto for your birthday and for life.
- The older I get, the more I realise that I am still a little younger than you!
Wise words about birthdays and getting older
Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!
And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
Don’t just count your years, make your years count.
Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
The best way to remember your wife’s birthday is to forget it once.
H. V. Prochnow
The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.
No wise man ever wished to be younger.
Nature gives you the face you have at 20, but it’s up to you to merit the face you have at 50.
You don’t get older, you get better.
Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs.
Middle age is when you still believe you’ll feel better in the morning.
Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you’ve got to start young.