With Christmas and the holiday season coming around fast, it’s time to get in the spirit and start planning your upcoming get-togethers and events.
Are you in charge of the planning the office Christmas party or work function, or did you draw the short straw for organising the annual family Christmas dinner?
Here are some helpful ideas to think about when it comes to planning the invitation and your choice of wording.
Will you send an invitation?
Receiving an invitation in the mail (or via email) is slowly becoming a thing of the past, but I think it is still a great idea. It is a small touch that can have a big impact and make everyone feel special … and it is really nice to have something to put on your fridge as a reminder!
If you are sending out Christmas cards it is easy to include the invitation at the same time to save on postage. Otherwise it costs nothing to send a pdf or image via email or message, so the recipient can print it out if they want to.
We have a range of Christmas themed invitations that allow you to easily edit and personalise the text areas. And it is very economical, especially if you email it!
The areas highlighted in blue are all editable. It is easy to edit and when you are happy with the text and have proof-read it, you can save it and either print out the quantity you need or simply send the pdf via email or with a text message.
If you are printing, I would recommend you print on good quality white paper, at least 150gsm with high quality setting so the colours print out well. Alternatively you can take it to your local print shop (like Officeworks) or use a reputable online printer (Vistaprint) and they will print out beautifully.
Christmas Invitation Wording
The invitation wording is pretty important because you want to motivate people to come along and have a good time. Here are a few suggestions that might help:
- Please join us for some Christmas cheer, as we celebrate this special time of year!
- Let’s get together for some holiday cheer, since Christmas Day is very near!
- We invite you to celebrate the joys of the season at our wonderful family dinner!
- The weather outside is frightful, but our party will be delightful!
- Please join us on the eve of the new year, as we toast with all the friends we hold dear!
Don’t forget to include the date, time, location, RSVP, dress code and any other important details!
Party planning books on Amazon
- Cordially Invited: A seasonal guide to celebrations and hosting, perfect for festive planning, crafting and baking in the run up to Christmas!
- Hallowthanksmas: A Holiday Planning Guide for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Christmas Party List: Plan Your Christmas Party: From Food to Gifts and Budget. Make Your List and Check It Twice.
DIY Invitations is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.au