Canva is free online software to use on your computer or you can download the app to your iPhone or iPad. You will need to create an account so you can save your designs. It is a great way to create your own custom invitations and announcements and is used by both non-designers as well as professionals. As with any creative design, selecting layouts, fonts, and images can be time consuming when there are so many options!
While the service is free, Canva makes money through the sale of stock images as well as a premium offering that allows a business to setup its ‘brand identity’ to make it easier for other people within the company use, so no need to upgrade unless this is necessary. I have tested out the software on my computer using my own graphics and the free options and have found it quite easy and fun!
- Open Canva and select ‘Create Invitation or Announcement’ option.
- Click the ‘Uploads’ tab to browse and upload your saved image/s.
- When it has uploaded, drag it onto the main area and make any size adjustments.
- Click the ‘Text’ tab and add your own text – try out the fonts, change the size, move them around…
- Saving happens automatically so now you can share and download – it’s that simple!
Here is my invitation sample:
There are over a 100 fonts to suit your style and you can make lots of adjustments to the font size, colour, line height, spacing, alignment, and position of your words to make it perfect.
Share to your favourite social media including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and save your design to your computer or device and share via email, text, messaging apps etc.
P.S. I have no affiliation with Canva!